How to start working and investing in the US economy as a foreigner 

As a foreign national, it is possible to work and invest in the United States. The E2 Visa allows investors to buy a substantial amount of capital from reputable US-owned companies such as Microsoft, Facebook, Apple, and Tesla. It is equally possible to start up a company in the United States. According to the United States Census Bureau, your business will have a large market base of more than 330 million persons.

To get an E2 Visa, your country of origin must have a treaty investor with the United States. E2 Visa allows immigrants a non-permanent residence in the US for a period not exceeding five years. The process of getting an E2 Visa can be quite a daunting task if you do it single-handedly. The immigration attorney can help you speed up the five steps and process of applying for an E2 Visa. The steps are:

 Consult with an immigration lawyer

Visiting an e2 visa lawyer los angeles can advise on immigration policy and business procedures in the United States. This will enable you to make an informed decision.

 Start your E2 Company.

It is vital to demonstrate ownership and control of your Company, cooperation, or business by owning at least 50% of the shares. At this stage, you can open a bank account for your Company or business.

Transfer your investment funds into your business bank account.

It is advisable to make a substantial investment by transferring a minimum of $100,000 to your business bank account.

Start spending the E2 funds

You need to demonstrate that your funds are at risk by spending them before your E2 Visa is approved. This is as per the E2 guidelines.

Submit the E2 petition

Your lawyer will help you file the required documents and submit them to the US embassy in your home country. If the petition succeeds, you will be issued an E2 visa in 7 days.

Show More
Back to top button